Turn your dream of a Career in Healthcare into REALITY
The Health Careers Advancement Project (Health CAP) provides opportunities for eligible participants to enter and advance along a career in the healthcare field. You could be eligible to receive FREE short-term, job-related training in the healthcare field through Health CAP.
Steps to starting your career:
1. Attend a Health Careers Orientation at the American Job Center closest to you to explore career options
2. Meet with your Healthcare Navigator to learn more and to choose one of these healthcare career pathways:
- Patient Care & Nursing
- Emergency Medicine
- Health Information Management: Medical Administrative Assistant
3. Attend a 2-week intensive Job Readiness Boot Camp
4. Enroll in short-term training at one of the local Community Colleges or approved training providers
Assistance is available for:
- Training-related clothing
For more information, please contact Joyce Liljedahl at 203-574-6971 ext. 461 or via email email@example.com
Click here to download a printer-friendly version of this information which contains further information regarding eligibility requirements.
This document was supported by Grant [90FX0041] from the Administration for Children and Families, US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). Its contents are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views of HHS.
HPOG is a study funded by the federal government which is being conducted to determine how these training opportunities help people improve their skills and find better jobs. During the study, all new eligible applicants will be selected by lottery to participate in these training opportunities. Not all eligible applicants will be selected to participate in these opportunities.